Thursday, March 5, 2009

Art=Passion


So I'm an artsy creative person. I love weird, beautiful things. Innovative things. Cool things. Blah blah. So I was taking this Art 205 class (completely hated it.... waaaayyyyy to much work when you're taking a design class that has you doing the same stuff in a different way) and my teacher had us randomly draw artists names from a hat. Boy did I get lucky! Lol. I got Fred Tomaselli.

Fred Tomaselli was born in Santa Monica, California. Cal State.....blah blah blah....fast forward to Brooklyn, New York. Mr.Tomaselli makes beautiful collages out of found objects like magazine clippings, weed and prescription drugs. Yes I said prescription drugs. And he suspends these things in resin (kind of like sap). Anyways, his work has been featured at shows world wide, with his most recent exhibition at MoMA....the Museum of Modern Art in NYC. Learn more about him here. I've included a couple of pieces to generate some interest.
















PS.....those little dots in every picture are pills, the flowers are cut outs.......but the tree is my fav.....imagine how many different types of pills there are...

No comments:

Post a Comment