Thursday, March 5, 2009

Interior Design=Passion






So anybody who knows me well knows that I want to be an Interior Designer. Its my major in school and NO its not 
the same thing as Interior Decoration. You don't have to go to school for that. Interior Design is more architectural and about space and interior architecture, in addition to the aesthetics. I'm more interested in Commercial Interior Design.....so no, I don't aspire to decorate your house. I would love to be in the hospitality industry, designing hotels, restaurants, and clubs.....and the occasional retail store/boutique. Sooooooo.....in saying all of that.....I was introducing you to a new blog topic that will be updated often. I would like to get you all hip! Lol













That being said, I would like to introduce you to the design duo of YABUPUSHELBERG. They are Toronto based with an office in New York. They have projects all over the world, designing the interiors for the Four Seasons Tokyo, Tiffany &Co's flag ship store in NYC, and numerous restaurants in Vegas and LA. They are DOPE!!















George Yabu and Glen Pushelberg met while attending Ryerson University in Toronto (where my other idol Candace Olsen also went.....I need to go there). They've been in the game for 30 years and do BEAUTIFUL work! 

In one of my Design classes Freshman year I had to do a powerpoint on a designer in my field. I remembered seeing a photo of the Blue Fin Restaurant in NYC(the first pic). I wanted to find out who was behind that amazing design and my research led me to these designers.

Check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment